IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Discover the many ways artists use shapes.
- Understand the difference between organic and geometric shapes.
- Practicing using lines to create shapes.
- Create a "concept map" of your favorite part of the day.
- Make a still life paper collage in black and white.
Shapes are areas enclosed by lines, and sometimes filled with color, texture or patterns. They generally fall into two categories: geometric and organic. Watch the video below to learn more about the difference through the magic of fruit and still life artwork.
You don’t even have to pick up the pen, it’s crazy! —Wendy Macnaughton
Wendy Macnaughton creates shapes in her illustrations.